Monday 17 January 2011

Got a busy few weeks ahead of me, which is pretty exciting.
Making a cake for my friends 21st next weekend, it's a pink theme so trying to decide between cupcakes or a more traditional fondant decorated tier cake. I'll post pictures either way.
Weekend after that I'm heading down to Brighton for the Tattoo Convention.
It's also another friends 31st on the Saturday so we'll be going out for that as well. 
I'm pretty excited, been going to the convention since it started but couldn't afford it last year so really psyched to be going again =] The after party is always a lot of fun; Brighton is my favourite place to go out and there's a lot of really nice places to eat. 
There's so many amazing artists going to the con this year, I'm so tempted to camp out in front of Frith Street's booth to get a walk up with Valerie Vargas. 
But I know I'd be there all day, and she's probably booked up anyway. Sigh. 

I had an interesting afternoon yesterday, went to exercise the horse my mum's been looking after and ran into my sort-of-uncle who I haven't seen since I was about eight. We ended up talking about Buddhist philosophies and veganism for about an hour. Quite bizarre. Then I nearly got mauled by a shetland pony. Which was fun. 



Potato, quinoa and kale bake with broccoli, leeks and onions. This is really yummy and filling, but next time I think I'll mash the potatos rather than pre-boil and cut them to make it more of a traditional 'bake' than just mixed veg.


The potato and kale with 'ham'. Romaine lettuce and sugar snap pea salad on the side with my version of this dressing. 


Quick green salad with leftover risotto on the side and the same dressing as above, also 'honey' mustard dressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment