Monday 10 January 2011

don't be a coccyx

I think I've broken my tailbone.
Last night while making my way downstairs to get a glass of water one of my cats did her ninja thing between my feet and tripped me.
I fell hard. It was excrutiating.
Now it hurts to stand up, it hurts to sit down and I can't find a comfy way to fall asleep. So not cool.
It's a pain in the ass (hoho) I am literally butthurt (haha)

In cheerier news, I had my make up New Years Eve hootenany* this evening.

(was very, very sick on NYE and had to cancel my awesome party in favour of worshiping the porcelain god and passing out at five in the afternoon)

* '
Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny.'


The party was also a welcome home for my friend Rachel, who moved to New Zealand with her family earlier in the summer and has just returned to us. In celebration we had one of our traditional sushi/cupcake evenings. 
 
Below are many pictures, including some of her going away party from the beginning of the year that never got put up.




The going away spread.
The blue cupcakes, sour cream dip and tea cakes aren't vegan; everything else is.


Rachel's leaving cake. Chocolate and raspberry, my own recipe.
Check the epic icing/filling fail. Still tasty though.



Dark chocolate dipped strawberries and cherries. Slightly over exposed pic...


 The welcome home feast: champagne, beer and margarita cupcakes.



 Finally some decent icing. The pic doesn't do the colour justice; it's much more of a light lime green, not mint. Also, check my badass Barry M lavender nail polish =]



 Better pic of the icing and pink sugar sprinkles, also a tequila soaked lime slice on top.

Blueberry pie. A highly demanded dish in my house. Served while still hot, hence the juice.





Quick pic of the fresh blueberries and lemon zest waiting to be poured into the shortcrust pastry.


Also at the last minute did a satsuma and almond double tier upside down cake to use up the fruit left over from Chrismukkah. It's a pretty gross photo, but I promise it tasted delicious.

We also made some totally awesome and delicious sushi with avacado, carrot and bell peppers but it all got devoured before I could get any pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment